The Spirit hub is forged from a single piece of CrMo material. This results in a beautifully simple, strong and reliable hub.
The center of the axle tapers slightly giving an hour glass shape to reduce weight while maintaining strength. The 36 hole flanges are widely spaced and shaped to maximize wheel strength. Spoke holes are beveled and slightly de-tempered (softened) to minimize spoke breakage. The 42mm bearings are extremely durable: Evolution of Balance Award Winner Cary Gray rode his loaded KH36 more than 10,000km before needing a replacement set. Compatible with all ISIS spline cranks.
Together, the Spirit hub and Spirit cranks provide a strong and lightweight setup for all types of riding. With Spirit disc brake cranks, this setup provides the high geometric strength of widely spaced flanges in a symmetrical wheel, with no requirement to remove a bearing to install the disc rotor.
Should you want to build the wheel, here is a link to the spoke calculator so you can find the correct spoke length you need.
- Flange spoke hole size are optimized for 14g spokes (2.5 mm, 0.5 mm bevel)
- Forged CrMo one piece
- Flanges are carefully shaped and sized for optimal wheel strength
- Sealed, 42 mm bearings with standard 100 mm spacing
- 2 x M12 x 1.0, 16mm long ISIS bolts
- Flange width Center flange to center flange 75mm, Flange diameter 56 mm
- Bearings: 22 x 42 x 12 - Click Here for Replacement
- Weight: 580g
- Flange Diameter: 56mm
- Hub Width: 70mm
- Spoke hole diameter: 2.8mm
- Hub Drilling: 36
- Spoke Interface: J-Bend
Note: This hub utilizes 42mm bearings, and is compatible with 42mm frame/bearing housings only.